APM Mosquito Control is accepting applications for the current mosquito control season. To apply, email, mail or fax you completed Job Application to:
To be eligible for employment with APM Mosquito Control as a mosquito control technician you must meet the following:
- Individuals must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- All employees must pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
- Reliable transportation to and from work is necessary.
- Able to lift and handle 50lb backpack.
- Work extended time in spring and summer conditions (hot, humid, sometimes long days).
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Pass Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Pesticide Applicator Core & 7F test (Materials, testing details and fees).
- Valid Michigan Commercial Pesticide License in Core and 7F Category
- Pest Control Experience
- Interest in Biology Entomology, Public Health
- Management Experience
- Competitive starting wage
- 1st raise upon completion of testing requirements
- Experienced Applicators will be paid based on experience and performance
- End of the year bonus included
* Most work for the Flint office is completed in Fenton and surrounding areas. Travel from Flint office to job site is in APM vehicles.
Available Positions in Au Gres, Flint, and Gladwin Locations
- Field Technician
Field technicians do a variety of front end work to control mosquito populations. This position mainly focuses on manual applications to control larval and adult mosquitoes.
Most work is completed in the field via backpack application and involves working outside and interacting with customers frequently.
- Night Driver
Part Time Only – Driving predetermined spray routes in a variety of areas. Shift varies and may occasionally run from sunset to 1-2 am.